Thanks for popping in!
My passion is to enjoy a natural, wholesome and beautiful life for myself and my family, and to share that with anyone who is interested! I have done this on many levels over the years, having spent much of my time overseas in missions-related work, now happily back in North America closer to family. I spent several years adjusting to a new lifestyle, getting our home set up and reconnecting with loved ones.
Since returning to North America, I have discovered essential oils! I love the magic they bring in our lives, the emotional balance, the wellness support, delight to the senses (serious!). I love the feeling of “taking back my power” and having access to natural solutions for myself and my family. I am busy clearing toxic products out of my home and creating simple natural DIY solutions for all aspects of our lifestyle!
My husband and I enjoy our JJ Entertainers business–with Jim being an amazing balloon artist and me loving face-painting!
And weaving through all we do, is our passion for meditation, mindfulness and spiritual teachings. Our participation in Portland Gnosis has been life changing!
1. Early years: Born Vancouver BC Canada in 1950, spent teenage years in Pemberton, commercial college in Vancouver BC, several years in office employment in BC, and finally a short stint with the seaman’s union on the Great Lakes in 1972 which ended in shipwreck! (That is quite the story — it’s in the annals of St. Lawrence River/Great Lakes history!
2. Hong Kong/ Macau : After joining a mission-minded organization, The Family International, moved to Hong Kong and Macau for 3 years in 1974. Married and had first child, Dominic in Hong Kong 1975. During those years June was involved in teaching spiritual classes and managing the mission centers.
3. Back in Canada for 8 years, had three more children (Jonas, Katrina and Crystal) and our little family traveled across Canada several times in a converted bus! Children sang in old folks homes and were home schooled on the road in great 70’s fashion!
4. India (3 years): Managed various mission centers in Northern India (Mumbai, New Delhi, Lucknow, and the beautiful hill station of Lonavla). Supported community service works, taught spiritual classes, and home schooled children.
5. Japan (5 years) Worked mostly with Aurora Production which produced children’s audios and videos. Maintained the office and video indexing in the early days, and as the production grew more office workers were brought in, and continued as executive assistant. Dominic and Jonas David continued schooling and were performers in the children’s video series: Kiddie Viddies and Treasure Attic.
6. USA/Dulzura (10 years):
Remarried to Jim Healey, and added his daughter Anita to the family. Assisted in founding Family Care Foundation (FCF), which continues to provide…”humanitarian services and support and training to grassroots organizations in developing countries. FCF’s slogan “Caring for Today … Investing in Tomorrow” is enacted via our relief and development network of mission partners which provides both emergency services and sustained development for communities, families and children in roughly 40 countries on 5 continents.”
FCF purchased Brookside Farm, a beautiful bed and breakfast in Dulzura, California, which became FCF headquarters. The property was renowned in San Diego as a wedding location, so June continued to market and rent it out on weekends, oversee and act occasionally as event planner, as well as manage the center.
Sample video: Brookside Farm wedding
7. South Africa (7 years):
A few of the activities at Stanza Bopape:
- A grant was obtained from FCF, which allowed the extensive renovation and roof replacement of an after-school care center.
- Procurement of weekly shipments of food, clothing, school supplies and building materials from local Pretoria businesses. (click for video)
- Organizing activities and entertainment, and procuring supplies for events. (click for video)
- Organized the set-up of a community library in conjunction with Room to Read and other donors. (Click for video)
- Assisted with FCF in set-up of a classroom for computer training.
- Three 4-day holiday trips to Hibberdene seaside for 60 township children at a time, most of whom had never seen the ocean! (click for video)
And just before leaving South Africa, in a surprising new turn of opportunity, June began face painting and husband, Jim, twisting balloons for children!
8. In 2012 we moved back to Canada and USA
In 2015 June also joined with Brecia Kralovic-Logan and three other women organized and launched the first Pacific Northwest Women’s Festival in Vancouver, Washington. A beautiful heart-felt event which had a positive impact on many!